Empowering Marginalized Communities in Papua New Guinea
Introduction Our core mission at [Restoration International] is to foster hope and transformation in marginalized communities across Papua New Guinea. We are committed to crisis intervention, education, and community development, uplifting those in dire need.
How We Make a Difference
- Crisis Intervention for Vulnerable Children: We actively rescue children from the streets, providing them with safe shelter and education. Many of these children are orphans, victims of HIV, and have suffered abuse. Our partnerships with local entities ensure these children find hope and a new beginning.
- Support for Women Facing HIV and TB: Recognizing the plight of homeless women battling HIV and TB, we offer them a sanctuary. Here, they receive medical care, learn vital life and job skills, empowering them to support themselves and their children.
- Educational Initiatives: We plan to fund school tuitions for students, aiding families who struggle with education expenses. Our efforts are particularly focused on remote areas where access to education is a challenge.
Startling Facts About Papua New Guinea
- Violence Against Women: Alarmingly, 70% of women in Papua New Guinea face rape in their lifetime. Women suffering from HIV and TB are often ostracized, leading to a life of desperation on the streets.
- Educational Disparities: School attendance rates are low, with only 63.4% for boys and 56.6% for girls. The quality of education is compromised due to inadequate resources and underqualified teachers.
- Early Education Access: A lack of early education opportunities leaves many children disadvantaged from the outset.
- Physical and Sexual Violence: Nearly 60% of women and girls aged 15-49 experience physical or sexual violence, a figure almost double the global average.
Conclusion Join us in our journey to reshape futures and ignite hope in Papua New Guinea. Together, we can make a substantial difference in the lives of those who need it the most.
Vision: Transforming Lives in Papua New Guinea
Our unwavering vision at [Restoration International] is to mend and rebuild relationships, advance education, and provide support to the most vulnerable groups in Papua New Guinea. We’re dedicated to creating lasting change in communities, focusing on women, children, and families facing adversity.
Who We Serve: Advocating for the Marginalized
Our efforts are concentrated on serving those who are most marginalized in Papua New Guinea. This includes individuals and families grappling with extreme poverty, battling the impacts of HIV/AIDS and TB, survivors of trafficking, and victims of gender-based violence. We strive to be a beacon of hope and support for these communities.
About Papua New Guinea: A Diverse and Vibrant Nation
Papua New Guinea, an island nation comparable in size to California, is a melting pot of cultures and languages. With a population of 7.6 million people, the country boasts a rich linguistic diversity, home to more than 800 languages. Its unique cultural and linguistic landscape presents both challenges and opportunities for development and community support.
Meet Our Team
Jennifer Wesner: Founder and Director of Restoration International
At the helm of Restoration International is our founder and director, Jennifer Wesner. Jennifer’s deep-seated passion for supporting indigenous communities globally drives the organization’s mission. She is dedicated to empowering individuals to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives.
Jennifer’s academic background is rich in Biblical Studies, complemented by a degree in Intercultural Ministries. Her vision aligns with the powerful imagery of Revelation 7:9, aspiring to see a world where diverse nations unite in worship and harmony.
A core area of Jennifer’s expertise lies in the study of the Bible within its original Hebrew context, a knowledge she enthusiastically shares with believers worldwide. This unique perspective enriches the spiritual foundation of our work at Restoration International.
Her compassion and commitment are particularly evident in her work with the most vulnerable populations in Papua New Guinea. Jennifer’s leadership and vision continue to be pivotal in guiding Restoration International towards making a significant impact in these communities.
USA Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 73,
Bainbridge, PA 17502
PNG Mailing Address:
P.O. 1405 Vision City
Port Moresby, NCD
PAPUA NEW GUINEA